Friday, March 27, 2009

Back to School Day

The Arts Day presentation at Southside Elementary School here in Versailles went very well. There were 28 artists or groups each set up in a separate classroom, presenting all different kinds of 'the arts', from basket weaving to music, drama, woodworking, painting, and fabric arts. And more. Random classes were selected to visit each presentation. I had 6 groups come to mine, from kindergarteners to 5th graders. They listened well and had lots of good questions. I had scrambled for a couple days to make up the parts for several variations of each of two different patterns, so they could have a little hands on, experimenting with color combinations, etc. Each group only had a few minutes for my presentation, and questions and answers. My assigned helper for the day was Ashley, and she was a very good hostess. She is in the 5th grade. Everyone was friendly and appreciative, I enjoyed the day, and would do it again next year.
Now, to return the dolls to the store, that I took from there (I took a lot to show a variety of styles) and then to tidy up my neglected house. Yardwork was the first priority earlier in the week. (Check out the photos blog, link at bottom of page).

No comments: