Had a request for my mermaid on a moon, Cecelia, (scroll to bottom, click 'older posts', repeat for page three), made in an black version. So here is Rochelle.
She is made from a woven fabric, micro-fiber suiting, with a little bit of stretch, but it just does not make up as well as the knit dollskin! I must order some of that in dark tones, if I can find it. I tried several different hair materials on her, finally just used black eyelash yarn, which seemed a little too harsh, so I added some 'highlights' of rainbow eyelash yarn, and that gave her a more balanced, lighter look. I'm going to pronounce her finished.
Rochelle is made from the Arley Berryhill pattern, Minerva, and the moon-swing is my own addition.